Project Info ↕
We brought this prominent but derelict building into community house by undertaking complete renovation. Formerly the Portland Arms Hotel dating from 1864, work included entire reroofing and the installation of new windows with renewal of sandstone to large parts of building.
The building was remodelled internally and works included new electrical installation, heating, plumbing, joinery, decoration and floor covering.
Renamed ’The Portland,’ a large community room is at the heart of the space offering a range of activities, such as film screenings, arts and crafts, clubs for the elderly, youth clubs, people with autism and kids’ holiday clubs.